Monday, October 6, 2008

Durga Puja

Today is Maha Saptomi...had gone to the pandal both yesterday and today. Didn't expect this kinda crowd here...so far away from Kolkata. I remember, before cutie came in our lives we hardly made any effort to celebrate Durga Puja in any special way, infact in these 8 long years we have hardly been to pandals. We never even went to Kolkata until last year, that is after cutie came home. Strange, being bengalis....but then WE ARE STRANGE!

Last year cutie had a blast in Kolkata, she pandal hopped with her grandpa, firmly seated on her stroller. She even danced to the magical beats of dhaak....who says she is not a bengali...she has been sent for us, she is a bengali at heart. This year she is really excited...as evening approaches she becomes restless, asks me to dress her up in her new dresses, sits patiently as I tie her unruly curls into disciplined plaits...and she is ready to go.

Somehow her excitement has permeated through us, we are also liking the feel of this years puja...for the first time in many years we are looking forward to each coming day...we are dressing up, we are eating well, more importantly I am cooking everyday(which has become very very rare these days), atleast one special dish for my foodie husband. Something's in the air...some kind of magic.

Now I know....when you have someone really special to share something good with, it is then that you actually feel happy. Cutie has filled up my life, my world. Bless her.

No comments: