Sunday, October 19, 2008

The last week....

Cutie is part of a dance programme to be performed during the Diwali festivities...ha ha....it's hilarious, it's heartwarming, it's such a moment of pride....my baby is growing up:). Every evening she goes for rehearsals! She shakes her booty just fine!

Had a party last night at our place....had cooked a elaborate three course meal...
Starter-Bekti fish fry
Main course-Peas pulao
Khud Pukht Qureshi(a lentil dish served at the royal
courts...the recipe book stated so!)
Mattar Makhana Korma
Mutton

Dessert-Bhapa Doi
Ras Malai

Everything came out so very well that I was taken aback. I couldn't believe my taste buds! My guests loved the food and had generous portions of everything(a good sign). The children ran wild and had great fun...fighting, crying, pushing, yelling, and also hugging, holding hands, kissing...:)
I don't understand this phenomena..my natural affinity towards people from Bihar, now partly Jharkhand...I usually end up liking somebody, become friends and then realize, "oh!, you are a Bihari!"(and to start with I like so few people), and to think about it I hardly knew a single Bihari before I got married....there is something uncanny about this whole thing....cannot really put my finger on it. New friends I made in the apartment..Biharis; gym instructor...Bihari.....; even my maid..she is a Tamil alright, but born and raised in Jamshedpur..thus speaks very good hindi, hard to find here down south......serendipity!

I was offered to join a women's kitty, and I said yes...big deal...given how I abhorred the very idea of gossiping and wasting time....but what the heck. I need to be social, for my cutie's sake, I don't want her to grow up lonely.

No comments: