Friday, September 12, 2008

Rave reverie

I am sick...fever, headache, sore throat and every other thing that comes with it! Poor hubby had to take leave. Inspite of not feeling well, inspite of doses of paracetamol, couldn't make myself sleep a little bit. Thus this indulgence in disjointed thoughts.

I have a few secret dreams.....most should remain unexpressed.....two I can talk about.

Secret dream #1 I want to have a published book to my name. Seems impossible. Reading about famous authors like Arundhati Roy, Amitav Ghosh, Vikram Seth, David Davidar, Jhumpa Lahiri etc etc, I have come to know that all of them are highly qualified people. I am neither a literature student, nor a holder of hi-fi degrees, sadly:(. Thus this dream too, like all others, would just remain a dream, probably. My supremely optimist husband says "You never know!" How I would love to believe him.

Secret dream #2 I want to meet Vikram Seth. Not just 'meet' 'meet', like in famous author and autograph seeking reader kinda scenario, but to be able to sit and talk to him, a little more than the time I take for my usual inhibitions to drop and be myself. I also realize, for this dream to come true I'd probably have to make the first one happen. Chances are bleak, I know.

I love to dream, still.