Saturday, September 6, 2008

Free spirit

The sunshine is on
And sky is bright and blue,
And the spirit is to be free.
Mind's clear, nothing to rue
Found atlast the lost key
To happiness. The gloom's gone!


AAAAh what a relief:). The feel of the sunshine changes with season. Since a few days back it has taken on a lighter, fresher, brighter hue. One look outside and the heart suddenly soars with an unexplained happiness. I am thankful, oh yeah, that I feel this way today. I am trying, I am trying very hard. I am a positive person by nature, I hate to be sad, I always find ways to feel happy. Hope that doesn't change too often. Some dark days are fine, they make you more reflective and introspective, you become wiser, they are also needed. But I want to be happy and free most of the days of my life. Brooding leads to nothing.

I have a strong sense of smell(ha ha...now what is this leading to!), perhaps an outcome of spending too many years of my life with dogs and cats:). I don't know if other people feel this way, but I have noticed that the night air smells different from the morning air, and early morning air smells different from daytime air. It happens rarely these days, but I love it when I get a chance to spend the entire night outside, and feel the difference in the fragrance of air with each passing hour until it's morning. There is something magical about night. You know a person for very long, spend many waking moments with that person, you like each other and everything, but then you get a chance to spend a night in conversation,and then there's suddenly a special kind of bond. I have experienced this in many instances, cousins became best buddies after a night spent talking instead of sleeping, friends became lovers, lovers became soulmates and so on and so forth.

I am hugely capable of disoriented thoughts...ha ha.

No comments: