Saturday, January 10, 2009

My angel

Things didn't come easy,
But I cannot deny,
I reached a stage in life,
When I was satisfied.
My dreams were always small,
Nothing impossible,
So I never thought,
There could be a problem.
I wanted a good husband,
Mine was great,
I wanted a house,
Mine was perfect.
I wanted a baby,
Like every other girl,
But then I realized,
My life couldn't be this simple.
One night I dreamt,
Of a tiny little one,
With curly hair,
And a broad toothless smile.
My arms were empty,
My eyes almost ran dry,
I had everything,
But no one to call mine.
On one ordinary day,
A miracle happened,
The gloom just lifted,
And I found my way.
A voice within me ,
Guided me through,
Said I'll be a mother,
Nobody can stop me to.
It's upto me it said,
I can make it happen.
I couldn't wait any longer,
And followed it as if dazed.
It was so easy,
There she was,
My little girl,
Waiting for us .
A tiny little bundle,
Sent for me and no one,
With curly hair,
And a broad toothless smile,
Looking for me,
To be held forever.
I opened my heart,
I opened my arms,
She filled my life, with joy, and laughter.
She is here,
She is real,
May all forces above, bless her.
© 2009 Rituparna Das