Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lost forever

I was walking
Round and round,
On the wooded path ,
That circled
The serene pond,
Dotted with lotus buds.
As if in a trance ,
Lost in the woods ,
I knew the way out ,
But still couldn't.
I was tired ,
A little anxious too,
It was getting late,
And I needed to go,
No one was around,
None to help ,
I started crying ,
At some point.
Then I saw you,
Quietly smiling ,
As if my situation,
Was somewhat funny.
I was angry ,
Still I begged ,
I wanted a way out,
I explained.
You gave a hand ,
I didn't think twice ,
You simply stood there ,
Holding it tight.
I looked at you ,
A little surprised ,
You smiled and said ,
That I belonged here.
It's not easy,
It's mostly dark,
But I'll have lotuses from the pond,
The sky will be vast,
The birds will sing,
I'll be kept warm,
With your arms around me ,
On every night.

If I ever,
Find another way out ,
That is the day ,
You'd leave my side.
I understood ,
And I sighed,
Like a fool ,
I had searched everywhere .
I held you close ,
And solemnly vowed ,
I have chosen my path ,
And don't want a way out.
© 2009 Rituparna Das