Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Love

I had a cat once ,
Seems, not so long ago,
She's gone now,
And I miss her so.
She was mostly white,
With patches of brown and black,
Had the most greenest eyes,
Curiousity, it didn't lack.
I still remember,
How her tiny pink nose,
Nuzzled against me,
In mornings as I rose.
There were also times,
When she viciously scratched me,
How easily I forgave,
And let her be.
I was blindly in love ,
And I let her rule ,
She was my baby ,
But I never felt like a fool.
I never doubted her love,
She was always there,
The deep bond that we shared,
Even, lost time could not sever.
This love was so simple,
There were no expectations,
We were there for each other,
Never looking for reasons.
It seemed stupid to most people,
I was mostly laughed at,
But she was my dearest mate,
Inspite of all that.
I have loved humans too,
They always fell short,
The joy of being loved back,
Only this little kitty taught.
© 2009 Rituparna Das