Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A fairytale

He was a blue eyed stranger,
From a far distant land,
His skin was milky white,
And I was a coffee coloured girl.
I willingly let him steal,
My foolish young heart.
He was a much older man,
But had a certain boyish charm,
I was treated like a princess always,
He was tender and kind.
One day he looked at me,
And said I've got pretty eyes,
As if to prove it,
He looked at the moon in the sky,
My teenaged heart fluttered madly,
And how I almost cried.
Both of us knew very well,
That this will go nowhere,
He has to leave one day,
That too for good.
So we spent as much time together,
And tried not to brood.
That day finally arrived,
And he had to say goodbye,
I remember how we both cried,
And then I carried on,
For many more nights to come.
His memories slowly faded away,
But he will always be a special one.
That was a chapter in a fairytale,
I luckily chanced upon.
He is visiting my thoughts again,
After so many long forgotten years.
Does he still remember me,
I just noticed,
My heart still wonders.
© 2009 Rituparna Das