Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The time-traveller

Down the lonely alleyways of time,
I have travelled long,
Hopeless and hopeful,
Until I saw you today,
Appearing across a lightyear,
Sitting unaware,
Beyond two sheets of impenetrable glass sheets,
On the other bus,
Besides mine,
Stopping by,
For a few earthly seconds.

My fruitless travel ended,
Only to watch you get lost,
Once again,
The only face I dearly sought,
In the lonely alleyways,
Of this city so well known,
For so long,
Hopeless and hopeful.

I sat rooted,
Paralyzed by tiredness,,
For the first time.
Incapable,
Of embarking on another timeless journey,
Who can tell,
Perhaps,
Of a lifetime.
© 2009 Rituparna Das

Inspired by "An equal music" by Vikram Seth.

2 comments:

Viji said...

awsome... asusual :) I was reading your early poems, but the comment section is not there. you have a beautiful spot here Ritu :) will be back again and again...

Viji

Rituparna said...

thank u so much viji...atlast i have found a reader:)....atlast someone visited my blog:)...