Friday, June 12, 2009

The unfaithful

I look at him and pretend,
That it's you that I see,
My heart misses a beat everytime,
I find his eyes on me.

I smile at him and pretend,
That I see your handsome face,
He doesn't have a dimple like you,
But I pretend, I see a trace.

I hear him speak,
And I shut my eyes,
Pretending it to be your voice,
Spewing as ever, beautiful lies.

I touch him each day,
Lying beside,
I pretend not to feel the pain,
As little by little I die inside.

He is so gentle,
He is so good,
He belongs to me,
As to him I should.

He says I am gentle,
He says I am good,
Then why are you not mine,
Like you should.

I am a great pretender,
Dragging him along with me,
I spin this dirty death web,
Unable to set him free.

I love you,
He is my life.
You be free instead,
Run away from this selfish strife.

Go, go afar,
Leave alone my troubled thoughts,
From this ugly web from today,
Let me begin undoing the knots.
© 2009 Rituparna Das

No comments: