Saturday, April 25, 2009

I do.

Tell me...

Before sleep begets you,
Every single night,
Do you sigh and imagine me,
Lying beside?

Before dawn when the sun still sleeps,
And you lay wide awake,
Do you ever breathe in the scented air,
Wishing you were in my dreams?

At the break of a busy day,
When you return home all alone,
Do you wish just for once,
That I'd open the door?

When the dark clouds gather,
Uncalled for, on a summer afternoon,
Do you wish I was holding your hand,
Soaking in the rain?

On a very warm sunny day,
As the heat dries up all senses,
Do you wish that I'd quench your thirst,
With a single furtive  kiss?

Alas,

These questions I'd never ask,
But I wish I could let you know,
If you ever asked me the same things,
I could only say, I do.
© 2009 Rituparna Das

No comments: