Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My God

I have seen you dance,
At the eye of a storm,
Raging mad,
An electric form.

I have heard you sing,
With the ocean waves,
A pounding beat,
Against the caves.

You have painted the sky,
With the northern lights,
And a silver moon,
On dark dreary nights.

Your poetry writ on every leaf,
Of all the yellow autumn trees,
Bestowed on the world beneath,
With the cool and gentle breeze.

I've never put my face in a storm,
I have never danced in any form.

I've never sailed on fiesty waves,
And sang a song in the abysmal caves.

My eyes burn in the purple lights,
I cannot paint on blinded nights.

I can only see the barren trees,
My poetry gets lost in the autumn breeze.

So I sit here today in wonderment,
Not knowing what I should do,
Why have you set your heart on me,
When I have to deny you?
© 2009 Rituparna Das

No comments: