Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cheeky conclusions

I attended not one, but two parties consecutively, today. No big deal. I had a wonderful time, really. Big deal. I needed this badly and the timing was so right....I really let my hair down and had some good fun.

The first one was a gathering of my husbands college friends. To start with, it was held at a restaurant with a lovely ambience, complete with a swimming pool, and open spaces all around. Then it started to pour, and pour it did alright! There was lightening and thunder too:). My kind of weather. It was so wonderful. Then there's this guy(hubbys classmate), whom I always found very funny(not in a good way) and idiotic. To my greatest surprise, of all the people present there today, I completely hit it off with him(judgemental that I am, I hardly give anybody a chance, I say this because I never really talked to him at length before today). Eventually I came to understand that he is basically a really nice guy, intelligent and extremely witty at that. We had such a great conversation, which mostly comprised of me pulling his leg though. But he took it so well(our conversation also included war at afghanistan, opium, origin of snuff:), Goa in monsoon, Sobha De, migratory birds, movie piracy, montessori and other school of thoughts, swear/curse words and annotation...etc etc). At some point we also realized that both of us just finished reading the same book and have started on the same new one! Uncanny. I already liked his wife from earlier meetings, she is very simple and sweet and can laugh like a child(I firmly believe since forever, that whoever can laugh heartily turns out to be devoid of guile). All of us had actually gone out of town together on new years. I still didn't quite like him then:). But this time before we left, we made a pact, we should meet up soon, get drunk and have a conversation(it's because, without a drop of alcohol in our bellies we had such a great repartee, a few glasses down and we will absolutely rock it). I am still quite pleasantly surprised, I never thought I'd actually like him, ever! Conclusion:-pursue this friendship, would probably invite them for dinner sometime soon. I need new people in my life. It is so rare that I like a couple, both of them at the same time that is. Also, get over animals,( slightly), people are not bad.

The second gathering was an all ladies one. I just knew only(still do) five people out of twenty. It was fun though. There were games where you needed to apply your brains, not the usual mindless ones. I excelled, and won prizes. Not bad, I am impressed with myself. Conclusion:-I still think men are much more fun, and less uptight than women. A conversation with a woman is usually very limiting in nature. (And I am better than most!).

No comments: