Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A dreamless song

I have come to know
Once

Sailing high on ocean waves
You had touched the blue horizon

I have come to know
Once
Down the sand and salt shores
You had walked a long long way

I have never been drenched
I have never fluttered in the sky
My eyes have never gazed on seagulls
Soaring high

With wings spread wide

When you leave again
For a dip in the sea
Take me along

Tell me you will
Take me far
You would, won't you?

I have come to know
You, you and you
Got together
The other day
A few unsolved puzzles
Some unsaid words

Got resolved
Having raised

Their stubborn heads

I don't know

Why I live a life
In the fast fast lanes

Just for one, just myself
Lonely
Without love
Peace eludes

Where do I search for it
Tell me where to


I have come to know
You still have a dream
Your pen still spews tales
Your song is unrestrained
You still stop to think
Who dies, who lives
Your love still blossoms
In a rose

So I have come to beg
My hands outstretched
My eyes thirsty

Carrying a faithless heart
In the deep dark hollowness
Of my sleep
I try
But cannot dream

My empty eyes
My sleepless nights
Long for one.

Tell me you will
Give me a dream
You would, won't you?

© 2009 Rituparna Das

No comments: